Terms of Service
By using the futurefund.com website (“Service”), all services of FutureFund Technology, LLC (“FutureFund”), you, and all third party users who use FutureFund under your account, are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
FutureFund reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes to the Terms of Service or additions to our Service shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://www.futurefund.com/terms_of_service
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While FutureFund prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that FutureFund cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and that you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
Requirements to use the service:
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you’d like.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. FutureFund cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including, but not limited to, copyright or trademark laws).
- “Customer” shall mean the party paying for the services, the school or educational institution that is purchasing the Service from Future Fund.
- “Third Party Users” shall mean all users who utilize the Service under the Customer’s account, including but not limited to, all parents and guardians who use the Service on behalf of their children.
- Customers and third party users may access their FutureFund account data via an Application Program Interface (”API”). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third party product that accesses FutureFund, is bound by our Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, the following specific terms.
- You expressly understand and agree that FutureFund shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if FutureFund has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your or your third party users’ use of the API or any third party products that access data via the API. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FutureFund from any and all damages caused to third parties through their use of your FutureFund account via an API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to FutureFund via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your or a third party user’s account’s access to the API. FutureFund, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. FutureFund will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension due to abuse or excessive usage.
- FutureFund reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- The Service is billed in advance on an annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made to our non-refundable policy
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- When paying by credit card, for any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. FutureFund does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- FutureFund, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other FutureFund service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. FutureFund reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- FutureFund reserves the right from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the FutureFund Site (futurefund.com) or the Service itself.
- FutureFund shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, you expressly grant FurtureFund a perpetual world-wide royalty free license to use whatever material that you upload to our service. Furthermore, you expressly agree that all material that you or your third party users upload is owned by you or that you have the license to use such material by the owner of its intellectual property rights. You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless FutureFund from any and all claims for intellectual property rights violations, including but not limited to, copyright and trademark violations, for all material that you or your third party users upload to FutureFund.
- FutureFund does not pre-screen Content, but FutureFund and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyrighted ©2017 FutureFund Technology, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without first obtaining the express written permission to do so from FutureFund.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- FutureFund expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, for the Service.
- FutureFund does not warrant that: (i) the service will meet your specific requirements; (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations; and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- Technical support is only provided in English to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You agree to and understand that FutureFund uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, FutureFund, or any other FutureFund service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by FutureFund.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any FutureFund customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate termination of your account
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by FutureFund) of other FutureFund customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- You expressly understand and agree that FutureFund shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if FutureFund has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) the use; statements; or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FutureFund from any and all damages caused or alleged to have been caused to you or your third party users through your account through your or your third party users’ use of the Service. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any damages caused through your or your third party account users’ use of the Service shall be expressly and strictly limited to the amount that you have paid to FutureFund for the Service that you have received in the 12 months prior to your claim.
- The failure of FutureFund to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you, your third party users, and FutureFund and govern your and your third party users’ use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and FutureFund (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.