Partial Credit Card Refunds
By Darian Shimy / Mar 14 2018
FutureFund supported refunding transactions at the item level in an order. If someone wanted to return the sweatshirt they purchased, an authorized administrator was able to refund a single item without refunding other items. We’ve extended support for changing the dollar amount refunded.
To issue a refund:
- In the Admin, navigate to the order (Store > Orders > View)
- Find the transaction and click the ‘View’ button
- Click on the ‘Refund’ button in the upper right corner to the display the following form:
- To refund the full amount, click on the check box. To change the amount, click on the dollar amount and enter a custom amount
- The amount refunded cannot be larger than the purchase amount.
- A line item can have multiple refunds.
- The refund method can be mixed. (Credit card and check refunds.)
- Refunding an item does not remove or cancel the item from the order. You must cancel the item on the order page to exclude the item from reports.